EXPERIENCED. KNOWLEDGEABLE. AGGRESSIVE.
OUR FIRM IS ON YOUR SIDE.
The Support You Need
Being charged with a crime can feel overwhelming. With Avnet Law as your representative, we will fight with you for the best possible outcome in any case. We will evaluate all potential defenses, including dismissals, diversions, and challenging the evidence.
The Defense You Deserve
Our firm can be an invaluable partner that will work for your best interests in this difficult time. A conviction can mean disastrous consequences for your future. Avnet Law was built on the commitment to providing legal excellence, frequent communication with clients, and aggressive representation.
We take pride in our commitment to providing excellent service to our clients. Our high-ratings on Google and other sites reflect our commitment to making frequent communication with our clients a priority, quickly responding to client questions about the status of their case, the law, and court procedure.
Knowledgeable Indiana Disorderly Conduct Lawyer
At Avnet Law, we understand that Disorderly Conduct charges can have consequences. The fines, costs, and penalties associated with disorderly conduct charges can result in jail time, fines, and/or probation. If you are facing disorderly conduct charges, it is crucial to speak with an experienced attorney who can provide you with the best defense possible. Contact us today at 877-772-8638 to speak with a knowledgeable Indiana Disorderly Conduct Lawyer who can help you protect your rights and freedom.
What is the potential charges for Disorderly Conduct in Indiana?
The charges for Disorderly Conduct in Indiana are classified as either a Class B Misdemeanor or a Level 6 Felony. There are fact-specific situations that will determine what level of offense you can be charged with for Disorderly Conduct in Indiana. You should speak to an Indiana Disorderly Conduct Lawyer to determine the charges that may be applicable to your case.
The Disorderly Conduct charge in Indiana can be elevated to a Level 6 Felony if:
Sentencing Guidelines for Disorderly Conduct Convictions in Indiana:
|Level/Class||Sentences (Min. – Max.)||Advisory Sentence||Potential Fine|
|Level 6 Felony||6 Months – 2.5 Years||1 year||$0 – $10,000|
|Class B Misdemeanor||0 Days – 180 Days||$0 – $5,000|
POTENTIAL DEFENSES TO DISORDERLY CONDUCT CHARGES
After being arrested or charged with Disorderly Conduct, you should contact an experienced Indiana Disorderly Conduct Lawyer to review the specific facts of your case. However, some potential defenses include:
- Freedom of Speech: In some cases, you may be able to argue that your actions were protected under the First Amendment as an exercise of your right to free speech. However, this defense does not protect speech that incites violence, constitutes fighting words, or creates a clear and present danger of public harm.
- Self Defense: If your actions were a response to an imminent threat to yourself or others, you may be able to claim self-defense or defense of others as a justification for your conduct.
- No Disturbance: If you can show that your conduct did not actually cause a public disturbance or a lawful assembly, you may be able to argue that the prosecution cannot prove all the elements required for a disorderly conduct conviction.
- No Unreasonable Noise: If you can show that your conduct did not constitute unreasonable noise and/or that you did not continue to engage in creating unreasonable noise after being asked to stop you may be able to argue that the prosecution cannot prove all the elements required for a disorderly conduct conviction.
- Insufficient Evidence: If the prosecution cannot prove all the elements of disorderly conduct beyond a reasonable doubt, you may be acquitted of the charge.
WE CAN HELP!
At Avnet Law, our Indiana Disorderly Conduct Lawyers can provide you with skilled representation.
Some Indiana Communities we serve include:
SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION WITH AN INDIANA DISORDERLY CONDUCT LAWYER TODAY!
While we have provided some information regarding Disorderly Conduct in Indiana on this page for information purposes, this is NOT a substitute for speaking with a qualified Indiana Disorderly Conduct Lawyer.
Avnet Law understand the issues and can advise clients regarding the laws and procedures surrounding Disorderly Conduct Charges in Indiana. Avnet Law represents clients in criminal cases in Noblesville, Carmel, Fishers, Westfield, Indianapolis, the surrounding counties, and throughout central Indiana.